Contract CKD Screening Volunteers
Bridge of Life has ongoing opportunities for contract screeners at our chronic kidney disease screening events held throughout the United States.
Screening events are typically scheduled Monday through Sunday with variable hours and duties ranging from blood draws to processing on an Abbott I-stat device. The position is “on-call” or PRN, meaning that screeners do not have guaranteed hours, but screeners are requested as events are scheduled in their area.
If selected to join our team as a PRN Contractor, you will receive notifications for all upcoming screening event opportunities in your specific area ranging from 0 to 180 miles in distance. Apply by completing the online form below. If you have questions, please contact BOLProgram@bolteam.org.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manual blood pressure and heart rate measurements
- Venal blood draw
- Abbott Istat blood processing
- Post-screening consultations
- Flexibility testing (sit and reach)
Education & Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a medical, health, or fitness related field; or
- A nursing degree, EMT/Paramedic, Medical Assistant and/or Phlebotomist with appropriate current certification and/or licensure in the state of practice; and
- Current First Aid certification or equivalent training
- Current CPR certification
Other Position Requirements
- Proficiency in venal blood draw
- Prior experience explaining health related results to individuals
- Reliable form of transportation
- Screening event experience strongly preferred