Volunteers for BOL’s kids’ camps sessions usually include the following roles:
- Cabin counselors
- Kitchen volunteers
FAQs on Volunteering for the Kids’ Camps Program through BOL
Yes, all volunteers will receive food and lodging from the camp. Camp counselors will bunk with the campers (usually 6-8 campers per cabin), and medical volunteers will stay in volunteer cabins. Most camps cannot accommodate individual cabins. Volunteers will receive meals from the camp dining facility.
Yes, all DaVita teammates will need to use PTO during their volunteer time at the camp.
- PLEASE NOTE: BOL will only reimburse volunteers for the expenses below IF fundraising requirements are met.
- If you drive to camp, BOL will reimburse you for the travel mileage to and from camp IF the total mileage costs are less than those of a flight. BOL will not pay for a rental car.
- If you fly to camp, BOL will purchase your airline ticket and reimburse you for ground transportation (camp shuttle) to and from the destination airport and the camp. BOL will not pay for your airport parking, airport travel mileage or rental car. If you are flying to camp, and a hotel is required, BOL will cover the cost of your accommodations.
- BOL will reimburse your immunization expenses up to $300 per teammate. You can choose to pay for any shots on your own and then turn in your receipt for reimbursement OR cover these expenses on your own as a donation to BOL.
- BOL will reimburse you for any fingerprinting or expenses associated with criminal history reports.
- BOL will pay for a medical license if the camp charges you for this expense (the camp may choose to cover the cost of a temporary license).
Costs to participate in a kids’ camps session as a volunteer are:
- $250 for volunteers who drive to camp
- $500 for volunteers who fly to camp
Family members will have to apply independently to camps by visiting the camp’s website. The minimum age to volunteer at most camps is 18 (at some camps, the minimum age is 19). BOL cannot support the expenses of family members. If you are flying to camp and volunteering with a family member, please let BOL know, and we will work to coordinate you and your family member’s travel itineraries.
Apply as a Kids’ Camp Volunteer *Only DaVita teammates are currently eligible to volunteer with Bridge of Life (BOL). Volunteers participating in kids’ camps sessions may need to complete a separate application with the camp in addition to BOL’s regular application, so early applications are encouraged.