As an international, charitable nonprofit organization, Bridge of Life (BOL) is committed to strengthening healthcare globally through sustainable programs that prevent and treat chronic disease. We take pride in knowing that our mission positively impact thousands of people each year who are affected by chronic illnesses that lead to end stage renal disease. We believe all human beings deserve access to quality healthcare, regardless of where they are born. We offer professionals the opportunity to be part of a team that is dedicated to saving lives and improving healthcare worldwide. At BOL, you’ll find a dynamic work environment with committed partners, including DaVita Inc., the largest provider of kidney care services in the United States. Join us in our commitment to making sustainable changes to healthcare globally!
Program Coordinator Job Description
Department: Bridge of Life
Status: Part-time 20 hours (2 full days per week, 1 half day per week) salaried position
Reports To: Program Director
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Program Coordinator position will support program related activities of the organization, including program administration; volunteer recruitment, preparation and management; data management; volunteer fundraising and monitoring & evaluation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Respond to all program-related inquiries from partners, volunteers and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain systems to manage partner and volunteer application requests across all programs
- Lead all logistics of BOL’s Camp Program and support logistics of all other programs
- Attend regular meetings with BOL staff (including a weekly check-in with the Program Director) to maintain effective communication
- Manage the organization of all program-related materials (including intake forms, surveys, applications, training materials, etc.). Support the creation of new materials as needed including travel guides, training material, MoUs, volunteer videos, slide decks and reports
- Serve as “Team Lead” for medical missions and events as needed. Team Lead oversees all aspects of program implementation and volunteer engagement during missions and events
- Provide other administrative support to BOL’s departments as needed
Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement:
- Identify and implement effective volunteer recruitment strategies for BOL medical missions and special projects
- Manage volunteer database, satisfaction surveys, testimonials, etc.
- Interview volunteer applicants and manage selection process to ensure requirements are met for successful mission execution
- Develop new and innovative resources to effectively prepare volunteers for medical trips in specific countries across the globe.Resources include but are not limited to global health education and advocacy, reflection, cultural competency, fundraising, travel guides and service Develop strategies post-mission for volunteer appreciation and to better equip volunteers to serve as effective ambassadors for BOL
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Maintain databases for efficient tracking, reporting and follow-up on program objectives and outcomes
- Track project progress and performance, major tasks, and deliverables on schedule for the camp program
- Assist with reporting include statistical, narrative and graphic analysis of data
- Support collection and documentation of success stories and lessons learned from volunteers, patients and partners
- Remain up-to-date on public health trends related to BOL programs
- Provide updates and communications of results as requested to BOL leadership
Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of related non-profit experience
The ideal candidate has demonstrated the following:
- Passion and commitment to improving healthcare globally
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Experience coordinating volunteers preferred; charisma and comfort leading and working with large and diverse groups of people
- Ability to prioritize and adapt based on changing priorities
- Detail oriented, able to drive projects forward
- Ability to take initiative and to work very independently to get the job, but also cooperate effectively with teams in-office and remotely
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects and deadlines
- Computer skills involving Word, Excel (including dashboards and pivot tables), PowerPoint, Tableau, Filemaker Pro or similar software products
- General knowledge of international health, international development and organizations associated with these issues
Other preferred skills and experiences include:
- Travel experience and experience living abroad
- Public health/medical background/exposure
- Spanish language proficiency highly desired
Domestic and international travel is a requirement of this position. Travel is estimated to be 10%.
“Program Coordinator Job Application” in the subject line to email@example.com by February 2, 2020.