You Can Make a Difference!
The success of Bridge of Life (BOL)’s work depends on the support of our volunteers. Together, we can strengthen healthcare around the world.
important volunteer notice
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bridge of Life (BOL) has suspended all international travel and medical missions. However, there are still volunteer opportunities to serve our partners and patients through virtual projects. If you are interested in these virtual volunteer opportunities, please visit our Apply as a Virtual Volunteer page and complete the application. Please note: you can still fill out other volunteer applications, but any travel-related volunteer opportunities will remain suspended until it is safe to travel again. We will continue to update information on our website accordingly. Questions? Please contact BOLProgram@bolteam.org.
- Be a DaVita teammate
- Hold a valid passport (required for international missions)
- Have approval from your supervisor to attend a mission
- Have the necessary Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Meet participation cost requirements (see question #5 below)
Kidney Care Missions
- 6-10 clinical volunteers per mission (nurses, biomeds, patient care technicians)
Chronic Disease Prevention Missions
- 6-8 clinical and non-clinical volunteers per mission
Kids’ Camps Sessions
- 8 clinical and non-clinical volunteers per camp session
- In-country transportation
- Food (three meals per day)
- Travel to/from the departure airport
- Airport parking fees
- $2,000 for 2-week missions
- $1,000 for 1-week missions
- $250 – $500 for kids’ camps sessions